Search our site
Our top posts…..
- Four important tips for choosing a farm name
- Using Google Earth to zone your farm
- How to build a pole barn – in pictures!
- Rocks soil and geology on your farm.
- Ten tips for choosing a perfect homestead
- Know your farm boundaries
- How to fix a wheelbarrows handles
- Chicken coops for beginners – a primer!
- Homesteading primer – What will it cost me to start?
- Homesteading primer – 4 tips for starting out!
- Soil pH – whats it all about?
- Rocks and soils on your farm – more about basalt!
- Rocks and soils on your farm – More about limestone…
- Keeping customers – the farm marketing secret!
Other post categories
Plan your garden
Almost a Farmer NEWS
Category Archives: Vegetables and gardens
Waterproof garden labels are the best thing since sliced bread! They allow me to record details of plantings right on site including variety, planting date and even instructions on care for others. Most importantly they can handle the rain … Continue reading
Nothing is better that growing your own food! After trying to get things to grow in Colorado – a high desert location – we basically gave up. Lack of water in extremely dry air meant water was as sacred as … Continue reading