Search our site
Our top posts…..
- Four important tips for choosing a farm name
- Using Google Earth to zone your farm
- How to build a pole barn – in pictures!
- Rocks soil and geology on your farm.
- Ten tips for choosing a perfect homestead
- How to fix a wheelbarrows handles
- Know your farm boundaries
- Chicken coops for beginners – a primer!
- Homesteading primer – What will it cost me to start?
- Homesteading primer – 4 tips for starting out!
- Soil pH – whats it all about?
- Rocks and soils on your farm – more about basalt!
- Rocks and soils on your farm – More about limestone…
- Keeping customers – the farm marketing secret!
Other post categories
Plan your garden
Almost a Farmer NEWS
Category Archives: Farm science
Using Google Earth to zone your farm is a great planning tool. Google Earth is a wonderful tool for planning your farm permaculture zones. Its simple to use, yet powerful interface, can be mastered in a few steps and provide … Continue reading
Here are some interesting facts about tea. I have always been a tea drinker – it’s part of my heritage! However, all my life I thought that the different types of tea (white, green, black… just to name a … Continue reading
Groundwater wells may be the most important, and often only, source of water on your farm Having some knowledge of where that water comes from may help you understand, utilize, protect and conserve your water supply. Groundwater wells on your … Continue reading