Search our site
Our top posts…..
- Four important tips for choosing a farm name
- Using Google Earth to zone your farm
- How to build a pole barn – in pictures!
- Rocks soil and geology on your farm.
- Ten tips for choosing a perfect homestead
- Know your farm boundaries
- Homesteading primer – What will it cost me to start?
- Chicken coops for beginners – a primer!
- Homesteading primer – 4 tips for starting out!
- How to fix a wheelbarrows handles
- Soil pH – whats it all about?
- Keeping customers – the farm marketing secret!
- Procrastination is a homestead killer
- Homestead basics – how to use a planning book!
Other post categories
Plan your garden
Almost a Farmer NEWS
Category Archives: Farm science
When we visit the beach we end up covered in salt water and sand – its part of the fun, right? I actually hate it….I hate that feeling of sticky saltiness mixed with sunscreen and the grit of sand. Simple … Continue reading
The mystery of Pumice – floating rocks! Most of us know rocks as being hard heavy objects that easily sink in water. The closest thing we see to rocks on top of water might be when we skip stones on … Continue reading