Search our site
Our top posts…..
- Four important tips for choosing a farm name
- Using Google Earth to zone your farm
- How to build a pole barn – in pictures!
- Rocks soil and geology on your farm.
- Ten tips for choosing a perfect homestead
- Know your farm boundaries
- How to fix a wheelbarrows handles
- Chicken coops for beginners – a primer!
- Homesteading primer – What will it cost me to start?
- Homesteading primer – 4 tips for starting out!
- Soil pH – whats it all about?
- Keeping customers – the farm marketing secret!
- Rocks and soils on your farm – More about limestone…
- Rocks and soils on your farm – more about basalt!
Other post categories
Plan your garden
Almost a Farmer NEWS
Category Archives: Farm science
When we visit the beach we end up covered in salt water and sand – its part of the fun, right? I actually hate it….I hate that feeling of sticky saltiness mixed with sunscreen and the grit of sand. Simple … Continue reading
The mystery of Pumice – floating rocks! Most of us know rocks as being hard heavy objects that easily sink in water. The closest thing we see to rocks on top of water might be when we skip stones on … Continue reading